Over on Facebook there’s this neat little app called On This Day that let’s you reflect on your musings of days gone by. Thanks to this app, I was reminded of the Gratitude Lists I’d posted in an effort to call my focus to all the things positive that occurred in my life, no matter how insignificant they seemed at the time.
Here lately I’ve noticed that I seem to have cornered the complaining market. Admittedly there’s more than enough going on in my life worth lamenting right now, but there’s also a fair amount of going on that calls for appreciation. So on that note, I’m dedicating my Thursdays to sharing those positive points with you all, and invite you all to share in the practice as well. Lists can be as long or as short as you’d like and can take on whatever tone you desire. The main purpose is to acknowledge the good things instead of dwelling on the bad. You’d be surprised just how powerful the gesture is in turning your perspective around.
So are you ready? Heeeeere we go!
Things I Am Grateful for Right This Moment
- Shelter from the elements.
- My coffee cup which reminds me daily to “Dream Beyond the Tangible and Achieve the Incredible”.
- My children (The E-Quad) and grandchildren (The Apple Seeds).
- Ares’ love and tolerance.
- Ares’ new job!
- Haagen Dazs’ tiramisu gelato.
- Friends who love and ” get” me.
- Full bodied red wines (in moderation – although I hardly ever do anything in moderation.)
- These Kroger brand frozen coconut fruit bars, which are the BOMB!
And there we have it. Quick and easy with equal parts humour and serious reverence. You see, it’s not just items with gravity that can inspire thankfulness. It’s anything and everything that lifts your spirit even minutely.
So what are you grateful for today? Can’t wait to see your lists!
In Full Appreciation,
** ADDENDUM: Shout to Momdeavor for creating the Thankful Thursdays event, and Colline’s Blog for creating the My Gratitude Project event, which I found out about on 09/20, and decided to retroactively participate. Cheers!